Posted May 30, 2018
May 30, 2018
Carbondale, Colo. – In conjunction with Garfield County’s Stage I Fire Restrictions that begin May 31, 2018, the Town of Carbondale and Carbondale & Rural Fire Protection District are instituting State I Fire Restrictions within town limits until further notice.
Stage I Fire Restrictions include:
- campfires are only allowed within designated fire grates in developed campgrounds (i.e. a metal, in-ground containment structure — fire pans and rock campfire rings are not acceptable)
- no fires of any type, including charcoal grills, outside of developed areas
- no smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or in a barren area free of vegetation
- no use of explosive materials
- no welding or operation of an acetylene or other similar torch with open flame except from an area that has been cleared of vegetation
- no operation of any internal combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed and in working order
In addition, Carbondale & Rural Fire Protection District is not issuing any open burning permits anywhere in the fire district. The fuel moisture content is low, there is not a lot of rain predicted in the near future and experts are predicting an increased wildfire risk in our area. Restrictions will remain in place until sufficient rain has fallen to mitigate hazardous fire conditions.For questions, please contact Fire Chief Rob Goodwin at 970-963-2491 or email@example.com or Police Chief Gene Schilling at 970-963-2662 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
# # #