At 9:44 p.m. on Sunday, January 4, 2015, Carbondale & Rural Fire Protection District was paged for a report of a structure fire at Propane Services, 1058 County Road 100, Carbondale. While en-route, dispatch reported that a propane delivery truck was on fire. The first responding fire engine was on scene in 15 minutes.
When the first responding engine arrived on scene, they found the cab of a propane truck fully involved in fire, with flames reaching the propane tank. The fire was extinguished and the propane tank cooled before it had a chance to activate the pressure relief valve or catch on fire.